EXEM
Reply | Quote | Edit |  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Web Hosting

GodlyPerfection
RP Founder
Irrelephancy
GodlyPerfection
I only pay $10 a year for RP... my site is hosted by blogger so everything is free minus the domain and the coding is enough to do whatever I want with it. That would have been enough for your portfolio needs bro. You got the shaft and should have asked us first. :P

URL: http://i55.tinypic.com/13yi6va.png

Wanna help spread the word about ReachingPerfection.com at other sites? Use the image above and link back to us.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

external memory
External Memory
I was under the impression you couldn't use "from scratch" html on blogger. Since I was told to use a site I'd built myself to show I had some basic proficiency with coding I didn't think to look into it...
EXEM
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

GodlyPerfection
RP Founder
Irrelephancy
GodlyPerfection
You can totally use from scratch HTML... you have full control over the code on blogger if you so choose.

URL: http://i55.tinypic.com/13yi6va.png

Wanna help spread the word about ReachingPerfection.com at other sites? Use the image above and link back to us.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

DavidJCobb
RP Tech Admin
DavidJCobb
GodlyPerfection wrote
You can totally use from scratch HTML... you have full control over the code on blogger if you so choose.
There's a catch: you HAVE to include some really bizarre non-standard Blogger-specific XHTML code, or Blogger'll choke and puke out an error. Better than WordPress's shitty architecture, but if you need from scratch markup, you ain't getting it on Blogger.

Now what you can do, Exem, is host your site in Dropbox. It's meant for file storage, yeah, but you can use it as a CDN (and in fact, I host some of RP's scripts in it). Just code everything and dunk it in a Dropbox folder. There are a few caveats -- no server-side anything, no CMS, and you have to use relative paths in your HTML (which is a bitch if you nest some pages in directories) -- but it works fine enough.