classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Wishbone Alley

Dr D04K
Map Title: Wishbone Alley - Based on the shape the bottom layer path carves through the raised platforms.

Description: Whoever breaks off the bigger piece, gets their wish...
Wishbone Alley is a small symmetrical competitive arena map with three levels of elevation. It is a mix of close quarters combat and medium-long range precision shooting. It is built on Tempest, which gives the map warm aesthetic, and uses the plasma pulse as a backdrop to help break up the sea of gray. It is partially roofed with kill zones thoroughly placed to prevent map breaking.

As of now, it only supports Slayer game types (and only 2 teams), a version 2 will support more game types once I have sufficient feedback to place objectives in their optimal locations.

2-10 players are recommended, though I would suggest 4-8 as ideal.

Weapons:
1 Sniper (1 spare clip)
1 Rocket (1 spare clip, placed at start in team games, not in FFA)
2 Grenade Launchers (4 spare clips)
2 Needlers (1 spare clip)
1 plasma rifle
6 DMR
2 NR
3 plasma pistols
2 magnums
2 plasma grenades
4 frag grenades

Download map

enjoy!

Forgehub thread
Gamer tag: "Dr D04K" (thats a zero and a four)
RP Portfolio
Maps:
Wishbone Alley
Dosado
Infinity Garden
Epicurean
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Wishbone Alley

MythicFritz
I love what tempest does for you here. The lights from the 45 corners and 1x5s are cool. Any performance issues from them? And how has feedback been?
Reply | Threaded
|  

Dr D04K
Thanks, I'm loving the lighting on Tempest.  So far I've only had 4 players on it at once, with no performance drop.  I've tested it in split screen, and more than 2 per box results in some frame rate drop, but 2 isn't noticeable (though I haven't tested with more than 2 boxes running split screen).
RP Portfolio
Maps:
Wishbone Alley
Dosado
Infinity Garden
Epicurean
Reply | Threaded
|  

xFingeR PaiNtx
Sadly i do not have the map-packs right now but from what i can see on the pictures it seems to be a good map fitting for MM.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Dr D04K
Finally got a little bigger game on this last night, though still only 3v3.  The good news is that it performed beautifully, no performance drops in single screen, and only slight issues in split screen, and only in one part (where you can see pretty much the whole map).  Aside from strict performance, it played much less hectic than I thought, and I am now much more optimistic about the quality of 5v5 games it will support.  I've been running through the game footage, and will be working on adding more gametypes based on the traffic I'm seeing.  Thanks everyone who played, can't wait to get another game on it soon.
RP Portfolio
Maps:
Wishbone Alley
Dosado
Infinity Garden
Epicurean