10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Yo Dawg! I heard you like portfolios!

The Ardly374
This post was updated on .
So I decided to put a portfolio in my portfolio so you can peruse while you hate me for using this meme!

FORGE:

Portfolio:

I do a lot of design outside of Halo as well, and do what I can to take concepts from one world and bring them into the other, much like I do when writing poetry, or composing music. I've just set this Topic up as a (closely) Chronological Gallery of some of the things I've thrown together over the years.

Stuff for RP:

OMGIWROTEABLOGZFORFORGE. But seriously, if you need help with your Forge Chops, hit up the Forge 2.0 Handbook at http://forge-life.blogspot.com, and Follow ForgeLife on Twitter
Reply | Threaded
|  

Other Design Work (Working in more pics as time goes on)

The Ardly374
This post was updated on .
[OLD POST]
OMGIWROTEABLOGZFORFORGE. But seriously, if you need help with your Forge Chops, hit up the Forge 2.0 Handbook at http://forge-life.blogspot.com, and Follow ForgeLife on Twitter
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: I do need to edit this, and split the maps, but yeah...try to ignore the HTML, this was a copy-paste from the blog.

Osl112
In reply to this post by The Ardly374
Couldn't you have ticked that box at the top when you are posting saying "Message is in HTML Format"... I don't know if that would do anything?

However, I can say that your maps look awesome... I'll download a couple.
Osl112

Competitive Maps:
Devotion
- Small symmetrical competitive map in a fortified house of worship.
Descent
- Declining symmetrical conquest map.

Casual Maps:
(The) Awesome Waterslide
- Extremely casual map, over 25k dls!

Portfolio Link
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: I do need to edit this, and split the maps, but yeah...try to ignore the HTML, this was a copy-paste from the blog.

The Ardly374
The HTML checkbox made it so that the images wouldn't show. I just need to take the time to go in and delete the extraneous bits.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Discovering more about 374

DriedMoss
Ardly,

I've been over to your other websites recently (YT, FL). When you see community members proactively fleshing out their styles and individualism it clears up any confusion as to their abilities and personal drive.

Which makes my current level of experience very confusing.

I know not how to video edit, graphic design, nor create music beyond my limited casual experiences, so it is motivating to be able to rely on experienced community members to push us all toward betterment in all aspects of our designs.

Design with Determination!

XBL Gamertag: DriedMoss
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Discovering more about 374

The Ardly374
First: YT? What are you shortening?

Second: That is why I am here, to help improve the whole.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Dart3rocks
Great work man keep it up.
Dart3rocks
My Portfolio
Sniper Tips
Works in the making....Extrication and Aurora Edits
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Stuff for REACHING PERFECTION?!?

Kittenpaste Company
That logo is quite interesting. I wonder, though... would you agree that blue carries the idea of perfection better than green?  Does green, to you, symbolize success and, thus, 'perfection'? The reaching hand is kind of ghastly - I don't know how I feel about that. o.o The lines could be cleaned up (the maybe a gradient of quality... having the more pixelated lines coming from one side and the more perfect, anti-aliased lines to the right. I don't quite like the current wisps we have, for sure. Sticking to jpg is great for size in areas where people have slower connections... but they never look as good as delicious png files. :( I suppose it's still a web standard... >_>  I don''t like that you have the gamertag in the bottom right, though. It kind of takes away from the community portion of Godly's site here. Yea, the main chunks of the site are purely his work but I'd rather not see that in the logo, at least.

On a less artistic note - alawlawlawl at the other images. <3

Edit: Aww you first image, the logo, doesn't show up right now. :(
.:and sometimes when we touch-our shields blow out like dust-then I feel your armor on my thigh:.
.:I wanna take you in my 'hind-when I'm slicked with some KY-so I close my eyes 'til the Sangheili's insiiiiiide:.

Sick of useless people.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Stuff for REACHING PERFECTION?!?

DavidJCobb
Administrator
Warrant Officer Grade 8 XD

That's some very nice work, though the first image could do with some better typography. Way better'n what I could come up with using GIMP, that's for sure.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Jonzorz 124
In reply to this post by DriedMoss
Your son is adorable, I love that last picture haha