forge

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

forge

deathxxrenegade
I am so frustrated with forge......and the forge maps for that matter. No race game type.......no trees.....anywhere....I think I'm done trying to use forge.

Does anyone know if either of my beefs with forge will be corrected in the future?
To command the past you control the future. To command the future you conquer the past.    

Kane
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: forge

mrgreenwithagun
no idea, but you might want to check out Far Cry 3 map editor...
Reply | Threaded
|

FuN Fortress
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by deathxxrenegade
deathxxrenegade wrote
I am so frustrated with forge......and the forge maps for that matter. No race game type.......no trees.....anywhere....I think I'm done trying to use forge.

Does anyone know if either of my beefs with forge will be corrected in the future?
If you're giving up on an editor simply because it doesn't have something as trivial as foliage, then you might want to re-evaluate why you're building anything in the first place. I don't think there's ever been a point in time in which I've thought "oh, hey, trees will totally make/break this map". Unless you're building an Ewok Village, then I don't think that trees are really that important.

The way I've always seen foliage in UEd and Hammer? Flashy crap that lowers my framerate.
Reply | Threaded
|

deathxxrenegade
The only reason I wanted to build in forge was to remake two of my favorite maps. Two maps that a lot of other people loved. I can't create either of them. Imagine looking forward to something coming out for more than a year, and when you finally get it.....you can't do what you wanted to. My map, Earth Temple, was my pride and joy. I was always getting compliments on the way I made it look old, being able to make it look like nature grew around it. All I wanted to do when Halo 4 came out was to remake it.  Build it better. But how can I make a map that requires nature to grow around it if there is no plant life (bushes, trees, hell...even logs). So yes.....I'm giving up on forge because of a few trees. Not to mention the fact that my other map was a  race map.......where's the race game type?
To command the past you control the future. To command the future you conquer the past.    

Kane
Reply | Threaded
|

EarlyExecuter
This post was updated on .
deathxxrenegade wrote
The only reason I wanted to build in forge was to remake two of my favorite maps. Two maps that a lot of other people loved. I can't create either of them. Imagine looking forward to something coming out for more than a year, and when you finally get it.....you can't do what you wanted to. My map, Earth Temple, was my pride and joy. I was always getting compliments on the way I made it look old, being able to make it look like nature grew around it. All I wanted to do when Halo 4 came out was to remake it.  Build it better. But how can I make a map that requires nature to grow around it if there is no plant life (bushes, trees, hell...even logs). So yes.....I'm giving up on forge because of a few trees. Not to mention the fact that my other map was a  race map.......where's the race game type?
Well life hits us where we least expect it right? Not really our faults that these kind of things happen but maybe it is time to take pride in to developpement, to make something new out of it. Yeah sure maybe you can't make the map that you cherrished and waited so long to create...but that doesn't mean you can't attempt to make something better or at least try to rival your best work. There are many different possibilities to creating content on forge. I understand what you are saying though, but, maybe if you gave it the chance and used some patience to try and accomplish something different, you'll see that it isn't really to difficult to come up with an amazing idea that everyone will love. Even if it isn't permanent. I have a story behind this as well and I'll be honest, I`m a little upset myself that I can't really re-create a map I made in Reach on to Halo 4, but I try to anyways. So far I made 3 rough copies of all 3 forge maps. Trying to find the best one. Don't give up bro. :)

Keep this in mind,
Discouragement is my encouragement.
Brandon - GT : EarlyExecuter
What I do - I'm a Minigame Creator and Conventional Map Creator.

Need testing on a map or gametype? Just ask me =)

Don't be serious! Have fun!

Do the world a favor by not drinking and driving, nor texting and driving. You save lives every day.
R.I.P Lyla <3 - 16/06/11 - Accident : Drunk Driver hit our car.
Reply | Threaded
|

deathxxrenegade
Maybe. Haven't had the initiative to try.....least not yet. Let alone the time.

Kane
Reply | Threaded
|

CuPantz
I as well have gotten a bit frustrated with forge but we need to learn to adapt to change whether it's positive or negative things change and we are going to need to get used to it. I prefer the Reach forge but there are pros and cons to each, I just try and look at the positive and work around the negative.
Reply | Threaded
|

FuN Fortress
I immensely prefer the H4 Forge, to be honest. The only two things that it's really missing that I'd like to see are precision editing with the thumbstick, and the ability to zoom in monitor mode. Other than that, it's brilliant; object design, better choices for using objects as decoration (along with the Dominion objects), more color on objects when assigned a color, higher object limits in some areas, unique forging spaces, the lighting system (brilliant), and a lot more than just that.
Reply | Threaded
|

CuPantz
I agree those are the two things that really annoy me and I really relied on them in Reach. The actual map can look a ton better but the process of making them is just more tricky.
Reply | Threaded
|

deathxxrenegade
I SAW TREES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kane
Reply | Threaded
|

deathxxrenegade
AND THERE A PLACED OBJECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SOOOOOOOOOO ready to make earth temple.......

Kane